Thursday, September 11, 2014

Self Representation. 

"Be at least as interested in what goes inside you as what happens outside. If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place." - Eckhart Tolle

Do you really acknowledge everything you do to yourself?

I understand, we live hectic lifestyles.
We worry about our future. The tasks we need to do to persevere.
To be something. How about your present? Are you enjoying your experience?

Since I began St. Thomas University back in 2011, coming in all I knew is that I want to be successful. Be known but learn about myself. In high school I really didn't give myself the opportunity to seek myself from within. I joined clubs and teams of course, so I can fit in and not just go home everyday at 2:30. Like most, I wanted to be part of something. I danced for 7 years and in my perspective I believe that is such a BEAUTIFUL form of expression. I also tangoed a little with the drums for the last 3 years of high school. That was just an experiment within myself to try something different. I was at a point that I was already bored with whatever I had.

Don't you hate it when you get bored easily. I DO.

Any who, I entered St. Thomas with an open mind. Business major, as expected, that's where all the money is right. I surprisingly excelled in everything but I hated everything I was learning. It wasn't my cup of tea. After a year of those painful business classes, I decided to take a class on media. I WAS FASCINATED. I finally listened to myself and began to understand what were my interests.
Through trial and error.

Are you truly seeking from within?
Are you where you want to be.

After a brief history of mine, I hope you all understand that you all have to experiment with yourselves. Understand what catches your interest. What doesn't serve you. What REPRESENTS you. Some people have the privilege to start unlocking themselves. They start their journey of learning of thyself.

Now, here is a little task:

  • I want you to sit down, set a timer for 5 minutes and write anything that comes to you.
  • Set the timer again to 5 minutes and respond to the question: "who am I now?"
  • For the following 5 minutes write about things you love.
  • Make a list of 10 great qualities about you, and tell yourself it is safe to be you.
  • Last, set the timer for the last 5 minutes and write to your 99 year old self. “What would you have me know? What should I concentrate on in the coming days and years? What things could I do or experience that would have the most positive impact on my life?” 

REFLECT & LEARN ABOUT YOURSELF.

Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.

Comment below and share with us your task and what you learned about yourself :)


1 comment:

  1. I was the exact same way in high school. I just wanted to join things so I wouldn't go home at 2:30. None of that mattered once I got into college. That's when you truly start to find yourself.

    ReplyDelete