Friday, September 19, 2014

Breathe Easy.

Something I have learned through my experiences of trying to be fit is that I have problems breathing.I was never able to finish long cardio workouts. Why not? I also noticed that I had trouble trying to fall asleep with so many thoughts running through my mind.I began my research like I usually do and found some breathing exercises that help me relax to fall asleep and keep me focused when doing cardio.DOUBLE WIN!

Pranayama, which means "to extend the vital life force," is a practice made up of many breathing techniques that vary in complexity. Simple enough for a child to advanced techniques appropriate for practitioners. This practice consist of a few minutes of diaphragmatic breathing followed by a few minutes of consciously and gently extending each exhalation. 

So simple but so effective.

After multiple practices of these breathing techniques I noticed it didn't help me sometimes. It helped me all the time. I am pleasantly stunned with my results and incorporate this technique in everything.

Maybe you should try it?

Comment below if you have tried this exercise or want to share any other techniques :)

Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I do breathing techniques that help me deal with stress, its just a very calming experience all together. I wish everyone would try this before taking med ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach sista! I'm glad you discovered this simple tool to not only help you physically but help with stress and anxiety. I have a bad case of anxiety and no meds has helped me relax as much as these breathing techniques. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete