Thursday, September 25, 2014

Practice Makes Perfect.
Hello my beautiful readers!
I have some exciting news :) I began my journey with yoga about a month ago and I really wanted to learn the logistics of everything. I learned breathing techniques and some traditional sun salutations.
I wanted to test my boundaries so I experimented with myself. Mind you, when I do yoga I just go to the park with a close friend, Yesenia, and she teaches me what she has learned previously. Stretches, workouts, etc. I teach myself everything else through research.

One day, Yesenia did a head stand and I thought WOW that looks super cool! I definitely want to learn that one day. I brought David, my boyfriend, to the next yoga session I had with Yesenia and he did great! He was able to do a head stand on his first try! I'm so proud :) So, I attempted and I failed. I couldn't control my body :( I went home a little disappointed BUT I decided to practice because I want to master my self control. I practiced until we had our next yoga session. I learned that you have to focus on many parts of your body and remember to breathe properly to fully be aware of your body to fully succeed onto a headstand.

Our next yoga session arrived and guess what beauties, I was ABLE to do a headstand! :) :) :)
Practice really does make a difference. Appreciate yourself and learn that you are capable of anything. If you really think about it, anything you have done is because you told yourself you can do it OR you pushed yourself to achieve it. Be kind to yourself

Your body knows no limits, it's your mind that needs convincing -Unknown

Share any achievements you had this week! Encourage each other!
Namaste.

2 comments: